Epsten Group, Inc. is seeking a Building Energy Analyst to join their team of Energy/HVAC specialists. This person will perform building energy simulation using software models and calculations to identify and assess energy efficiency opportunities, provide recommendations to optimize building systems, envelope and daylighting analysis, passive strategies, and controls, as well as to determine performance and complete documentation required for code compliance and green building certification. In addition, this person will provide technical expertise for LEED Certification Reviews as a third-party verifier for GBCI for the evaluation of projects pursuing LEED Certification.
- 1-3 years of experience in building energy simulation*
- A basic understanding of the LEED certification process and credits
- LEED AP with specialty preferred (BD+C, ID+C, O+M)
- Experience using the following energy simulation software programs: eQUEST, EnergyPlus, Design Builder, Trace, HAP, IES, etc.
- Preference for understanding of building mechanical systems.
- Experience with outdoor air ventilation requirements outlined in ASHRAE Standard 55 is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher with specialized training in engineering or architecture. Preference for mechanical engineering degree.
- Ability to obtain professional licensure (P.E.) and accreditations, such as CEM or BEMP.
- Revit experience is preferred.
*Building energy simulation experience through college degree courses will not be considered for meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Perform energy simulation computer modeling for simple and advanced HVAC systems.
- Provide calculations and analysis for all energy system loads, including process loads where applicable.
- Develop reports to guide project teams to meet the minimum requirements for certification for LEED, Georgia Peach, and other sustainability rating systems.
- Interact with clients and project team members during all project phases.
- Document and communicate discussions and resolutions with project team members as it pertains to the project scope.
- Prepare and maintain LEED documentation.
- Provide expert
reviews of energy model output summaries for compliance with the EAp Minimum
Energy Performance, EAc Optimize Energy Performance, and related credits for
Perform quality control (QC) review of work performed by other LEED Reviewers and assist in the development the internal review process.
- Educate project teams on LEED and ASHRAE requirements through written technical advice and conference calls.
- Provide technical support to the GBCI Customer Service team.
- Work with senior and junior energy modeling specialists to ensure technically rigorous, accurate, consistent and timely completion of LEED certification reviews.
- Stay up-to-date on advancements in technology for energy efficiency; multiple opportunities are provided to share knowledge with the Energy/HVAC team and local ASHRAE organization.
- Stay up-to-date on energy modeling software advancements.
- Follow Epsten Group, Inc.’s ISO-accredited quality processes.
- Provide input to Team Leaders and Director for proposal development to help win projects.
The Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Alternative Commuter Benefit
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com