The Epsten Group, a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering and sustainability consulting firm, is looking for a full time Senior Building Envelope Specialist to manage building envelope installations, field testing and performing building envelope testing. We are looking for a detail oriented professional to join our energetic and growing 55 person company based out of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in architecture, engineering, or construction management
- Minimum 7 years of experience in building envelope systems
- Minimum of 7 years of construction observation experience related to the building construction industry (preferred building envelope and exterior systems)
- A minimum of 12 years of building envelope construction and/or consulting experience would be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- Familiar with the building envelope systems/designs
- Able to maintain records of project costs, billings, and budgets
- Able to prepare proposals and service fees
- Roofing or building envelope credential preferred
- Engineering or architecture license a plus
- Act as an envelope specialist project manager
- Perform condition assessment of building envelope systems
- Conduct design reviews for constructability and durability
- Perform envelope testing activities consistent with industry standards including water testing, adhesion testing, etc.
- Identify or confirm building envelope issues/problems and present corrections/solutions
- Responsible for the development of envelope specifications, checklists, quality standards, and project billing process
- Work directly with the contractors and specialists to assist in the resolution of building envelope issues
- Conduct investigations, inspection, testing, and monitor during installation
- Coordinate and attend construction meetings and conferences
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear and occasionally kneel and climb. The staff member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Alternative Commuter Benefit
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com