The Epsten Group, a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering and sustainability consulting firm, is looking for a full time Roofing Consultant/Inspector to perform roofing installation observation, and conduct/oversee roofing testing activities. We are looking for a detail oriented professional to join our energetic and growing 55 person company based out of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in architecture, engineering, or construction management
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in roofing systems
- Minimum of 3-5 years of construction observation experience related to the building construction industry (preferred building envelope and roofing systems)
- Familiar with the building envelope systems/designs
- Able to maintain records of project costs, billings, and budgets
- Able to prepare proposals and service fees
- Knowledge of roofing materials including built-up roofing membranes, polymer-modified bitumen membranes, single-ply thermoplastic membranes, and single-ply thermoset membranes is a plus
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO) designation from RCI, Inc. is required.
- Perform roof inspections to verify conformance with the contract documents
- Prepare field reports
- Scheduling inspections with contractor and owners and handling of unforeseen field conditions
- Perform condition assessment of roofing systems
- Conduct design reviews for constructability and durability
- Perform roofing testing activities consistent with industry standards including water testing, adhesion testing, etc.
- Identify or confirm roofing issues/problems and present corrections/solutions
- Responsible for the development of roofing specifications, checklists, quality standards, and project billing process
- Coordinate and attend construction meetings and conferences
- Flexibility with respect to work schedule and travel. Travel is a requirement of the position, occasionally with little advance notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear and occasionally kneel and climb. The staff member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Alternative Commuter Benefit
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com