Roofing & Waterproofing
Registered Roofing Consultants
Optimizing Building Envelopes Through Roofing and Waterproofing Consulting
As the physical barrier between a building’s interior and the sometimes-harsh exterior environment, the building envelope plays a critical role in building performance and occupant well-being. The building envelope maintains air and water tightness while regulating the transfer of light and heat between a building’s interior and exterior, and a registered roof consultant with experience in roofing and waterproofing can help optimize its performance.
As a registered roof consultant, Epsten Group has extensive experience in the evaluation of all types of building envelope systems and in providing documents and services for the correction of existing systems or the design of new systems. These services include:
- Exterior Assessments: Wall, window, curtain wall and roof assessments. Visual, infrared, nuclear and electronic evaluations of all parts of the existing systems and associated items.
- Destructive and Non-Destructive Testing: Moisture survey testing, infrared thermography, water leakage and air pressure testing of exterior components.
- Condition Survey and Assessments: Scaled plans and details, database with current conditions, remaining service life and associated budgets.
- Construction Monitoring: Review of specifications and services for conduct construction meetings, construction observations, reports and final inspection.
- Specifications and Detail: Comprehensive specification of system materials and various details to replace or repair deteriorated components.
- Construction Meetings: Setting up and attendance of pre-bid, pre-construction, kick-off and final meetings to assist the client.
- Construction Site Visits and Monitoring: Quality control program to monitor and observe all aspects of construction and installation.
- Construction Administration/Management: Client support with scheduling, submittals review, change orders, pay requests, on-site meetings, substantial and final completion, and the final construction close-out package.
Epsten Group understands that building facades today utilize a wide array of new technologies and materials in increasingly more complex ways that often push the limits of traditional building design and construction. But without a well-constructed building envelope, a truly sustainable high-performance building cannot become a reality. With our expertise in roofing and waterproofing, and as a registered roof consultant, we help our clients achieve long-term durability, energy-efficiency and occupant health and well-being.
Our experienced roofing and waterproofing team has served clients in a wide variety of industries, with a particular focus on education facilities and corporate buildings. We are proud to count AT&T, Georgia Tech and the University of North Carolina among our building envelope services clients.
Epsten Group’s roofing and waterproofing consulting services can become an even greater asset to your project when combined with our firm’s other service offerings. When combined with our architecture services, we can improve the function and durability of your new or existing building envelope. In concert with our sustainability consulting, energy modeling and commissioning services, we can help project teams achieve higher green building certification levels, reduce their ecological footprint, and provide healthier indoor environments for all building users.
Building design makes a significant difference in how a building performs over time, for owners and occupants alike. Learn more about our green building design services.